Monday, August 22, 2011

skating fun

The small men have been into skateboarding lately. Luckily, we live pretty close to the Etnies skate park. Even more luckily: the skate park is free! We headed there this morning for a little bit of skate practice while it was still cool.
Here's some video I shot of them trying out the ramps....You can see Little Man in the dark shirt and then Monkey Boy in the tie-dyed one.

The funniest thing happened while we were there: MB decided he wanted to go over and check out the "pools", which are like big empty swimming pools for skaters to do tricks on. Little Man went with him and then came back alone. I asked LM where his brother was and LM said "Oh, he's still in the pool."

When I went over to check it out, all I could see from my vantage point 20 feet away (I have to stay on the other side of the fence) was the very top of MB's head as he ran back and forth trying to get out of the pool! He was yelling "Help! Let me out!"

After some pushing and pulling from our friends and LM, Monkey Boy was set free of the pool and went off to skate more ramps. He said next time he tries a pool, he will stick with the one that has a ladder!

0 comments: