Tuesday, February 13, 2007

v-day crafting

day 43 of 365/photo a day

::valentine card crafting::
day 43 of 365

Little Man's preschool class has their V-Day party tomorrow. We made a baker's dozen of these cards/cookie holders for him to hand out (original idea from Norththreads via Kiddley). Little Man stamped the cards & punched out the circles for the tags. I glued the tags & flower punch outs together. He stuffed the CD cases with candy hearts and we slid the cookies in (we had to put the cookies in small plastic bags because they were 'bleeding' grease thru the paper). The backs of the CD slipcases are stamped with his name and more hearts. Luckily we only had to make 13 of these.

And thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. Today was the Dearest's birthday and we went out to our fave sushi restaurant with his parents. Neither of us got a cake for our birthdays this year, so I am probably going to run out and get one tomorrow. Better late cake than no cake, I always say!

4 comments:

LLA said...

I bookmarked the "Cookies in CD Sleeves" entry when it was posted on Kiddley because I thought it was so cute. And you have executed it so very nicely! I love that LM was such a help in the process...

February is a fun month in your household, isn't it? :) Happys to the Dearest as well...

Mamma said...

It's always a good day for cake!

Those cookies are so cute. I'm often in awe of you and your craftiness.

Woolfairy said...

Happy Birthday!!!! And the cookies are adorable. I totally wanted to use this idea, but Z's school doesn't allow food Valentines. But I would never be able to match the fantiastic execution of yours. So cute.

Obsessed with knitting said...

craftilicious!