Monday, February 05, 2007

got your sunglasses handy?

Today passed in a blur; both the small men are sick (low grade fever & croupy cough, but that's it- they're still running around) and I am just tired for no reason whatsoever. Ok, maybe sitting up with Monkey Boy for half the night might have tired me out some, but I really was useless today. The only chore I got done around the house was managing to get the dishes out of the sink & into the dishwasher. Some days you just have to take what you can get.

I should have laid down for a nap this afternoon, but I was sidetracked by the arrival of this:

train-ish fat quarters
An assortment of train-ish fat quarters from Bear Paw Quilting. Aren't they cute? I know they're super busy and I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with all the busy-ness.... But the important thing is that Monkey Boy LOVES them all. He pet them and kept saying "pinkie? pinkie?" (his version of "blankie").

After playing with the fat quarters and the fabrics I bought previously, I came up with two possible combinations for the quilt. The first uses yellow as a binding & the second uses red for the binding:

possibility #2

possibility #1

Right now I'm leaning toward the yellow binding; the spotted fabric will be combined with blocks of the train fabrics for the center of the quilt. Not sure yet if I'm going to do actual pieced blocks or just strips.

And just to complete the overall busy-ness of this quilt, check out the backing fleece I found:

backing fleece

Are your eyes bleeding yet?

3 comments:

Joanna said...

I'm blinded!!! You're going to have soooo much fun with that. Glad the kiddo loves it, too. I always let my boys pick out the fabric for their blankies--guarantees it will actually get used.

Teyani said...

looks like you little guy will be delighted with his new quilt. I love the bold colors

The Walshes said...

OH WOW, love the fabric! And, thansk for your comments on sew crafty!