Monday, January 15, 2007

FO report- Visiting the Drive Thru again

completed "Drive Thru" sweater

FO Report: "Drive Thru, aka Quicko Cheapo" sweater from Wendy at Knit and Tonic
Started 01/02/07, finished 01/15/07
Pattern: "Drive-Thru" sweater by Wendy at Knit & Tonic, Size 2yrs
Yarn: Swish superwash in Sand Dune, Jade, Aloe and Dublin
Needles: Clover dpns for the sleeves and collar, Knitpicks Options circ for the body

I've knit this sweater once already, so most of the info regarding modifications and pattern talk can be found here.

yoke

The only real difference between this sweater and the one I made for Little Man is the collar: I didn't rib this collar at all. Instead, I did the short rows on the back and then finished it off in stockinette so it rolls a bit:

day 15 of 365/photo a day

Also, I had some difficulty with mattress-stitching the armholes shut. For some reason, there was a lot of puckering around the armholes this time. I didn't run into that with Little Man's sweater. When I was trying to fix the first armhole, I accidentally unknit part of the sweater (woops!). My 'repair' is kinda ugly, but it's on the backside of the sweater so I'm not going to stress about it too much. If it really bugs me while Monkey Boy is wearing it, I might end up tearing out the ugly grafting I did and reknit the area. But I have a feeling that MB will outgrow this sweater before I get too worked up about the patch.

ETA: More photos of Monkey Boy actually wearing the sweater. I couldn't pick just one cuz he's just too cute LOL

Monkey Boy in his new sweater
fits perfectly!

other views:

colorwork closeup



8 comments:

Liz K. said...

The color combo is great, especially with the greens up near MB's halo of curls!

What do you think of the Swish?

margene said...

The sweater looks great. It will look very handsome on your boy.

Woolfairy said...

Beautiful sweater. I am constantly amazed at your ability to produce such beautiful things so quickly!!! And you are right, with as quickly as they grow out of things, you can wait out the less-then-perfect bit and simply frog it and knit something new in a few months!

Woolfairy said...

Meant to add - B loves the video of MB riding the bike. He laughs and simply cannot get enough of it!

clothesknit said...

I think it looks great! I love the greens -- he'll look very handsome in it :o) And the yarn...what did you think of it? I've been eyeing it but a thumbs up/down would be helpful :o)

Home's Jewels said...

wow - another one. Yes, you needed to post all 3! What a doll!

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't even worry about the "ugly". As my grandmother would say, "It won't be noticed on a galloping horse!"

The colors are great!

Unknown said...

MB looks great in those the colors!