Monday, November 27, 2006

all i ever knit is socks...

...and it makes me happy:


sock siblings
the sock siblings, hanging out together on the couch

lil' tiger strype socks
lil' tiger strype socks for Monkey Boy

'indian corn' socks
'indian corn' socks....named by Little Man's swim teacher. I was knitting while he was swimming and she said she thought I was holding an ear of indian corn.

The tiger strype socks were made out of Opal Tiger sock yarn from their Rainforest line. I had made Little Man a pair of socks out of this yarn earlier this year. There was plenty left to make some socks for Monkey Boy as well. When I finished the first sock and slipped it on MB's foot to make sure it fit, he didn't want to take it off. Then he got quite upset when he realized that there was only one sock. He immediately grabbed the ball of yarn and a knitting needle out of my basket and commanded me, "Mommy, do!" And I did.

The indian corn socks are also made from leftover yarn. It's mystery yarn, tho- the ball band is long gone and I have no idea where I bought it. I had *just enough* left to complete both socks. It's a good thing I used a contrast color for the toes because I had literally two feet of yarn left over when I was done.

FO Report:
Indian Corn Socks-started 11/02/06, finished 11/14/06, for Little Man
yarn- unknown, looks like Koigu but ??
needles- 4 Clover DPNs, size US1
pattern- my own cuff-down sock for little people. CO 52sts, knit in 1x1 rib for about an inch. Knit the rest of the sock in a 4x2 rib. Slipstitch heel.
notes- fits perfectly and is super comfy (according to the wearer).

FO Report:
Tiger Strype Socks, started 11/18/06, finished 11/24/06, for Monkey Boy
yarn- Opal Tiger
needles- 4 Clover DPNs, size US1
pattern- my own cuff-down sock for little people. CO 46sts, knit in 1x1 rib for about an inch. Knit the rest of the sock in 4x2 ribbing. Slipstitch heel.
notes- I didn't do the 3 needle bind off for the toes of these socks. I just decreased down to 8sts and pulled the yarn through to drawstring the toe shut. This will probably be fine since MB will outgrow the socks before they wear out.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those socks are so cute! I have just started some socks for our monkey boy (that's his chinese nickname) and I'm thinking cascade fixation.