Saturday, April 29, 2006

WIP catch ya up

TShirt Sweater: Two sleeves done, working on this...
color pooling
It's supposed to be the front, but can you see the lovely color pooling? Right where my b00bs would be? Niiiiiice, eh? The color pooled despite the fact that I alternated two balls of yarn every two rows. And one ball had already been partly used for a sleeve. I think there's some kinda of statistical anomaly involved, since I cut the yarn four times and rejoined on opposite ends twice and STILL got pooling. Finally I had to cut one ball and pull from the outside, making sure that the colors weren't going to match. Sheesh. Needless to say, this is no longer the front of my sweater- it's the back. :)


Project Spectrum Socks:
First Project Spectrum sock done
One down, one to go.

Those are the only WIPs worth mentioning right now.

But I did cast on for this:
Sis's socks
It's a sock in Austermann Step, a yarn that I've never used before. Sis picked this yarn out when we were at a LYS. It's got a nice color repeat and is super soft...AND it has aloe and jojoba in it! See?

5 comments:

Noey D. said...

Too funny about the pooling!! Bet you couldn't do that again if you tried! Maybe you'll start a new fashion trend!

Elspeth said...

Oooh ... yarn that is good for your hands!

Anonymous said...

That blue sock is so pretty! That's a gorgeous pattern.
That boob thing would have happened to me too.

Abigale said...

Love the socks, and the colour pooling - what a bummer!!! Good job on trying to avoid it, but it seems the universe is conspiring against you.

But great job on the socks - at least you don't have to worry about the colour pooling hitting you at the boob area with socks ;-)

Abi

Anonymous said...

jojoba and aloe--fancy! I love how yarn is now all high tech. At Stitches West, I came across one that had "moisture-wicking" abilities. Quick, call Nike...they'll want to get in on this yarn.