Friday, January 27, 2006

Randomness


-Chez Shizzknits has turned into the House of the Damned. We are all SICK. The Dearest came home last Friday complaining of a scratchy, sore throat. Then Little Man started coughing. By Monday morning I sounded like a pack-a-day smoker too. Last night Monkey Boy was making some pretty gurgly noises. As far as illnesses go, this one isn't too bad; no fever or severe fatigue- just a LOT of coughing and sore throats. It could be worse so I'm trying not to complain too much.
Little Man has been ensconced on the sofa, watching waaaay more TV than usual and demanding full bedside service.

-I've been asked to do commercial shots of some knitted items. The images will be for several patterns that'll be sold at LPK. It should be a lot of fun to work with a model who actually takes direction! I already told the pattern designer that I would 'work for fiber', since she does the most gorgeous hand dyed rovings.

-We took Little Man to check out a local church-run preschool last week. We're planning on putting him in preschool 3x a week starting in the Fall. He *loved* the preschool and I liked it a lot too. The classes are really small at only 12 kids per age group, and they have two credentialed teachers for each class. The biggest problem with the preschool is that it's so popular that I'll be spending the night in line to sign Little Man up for the next session. I've never in my life waited overnight for anything! But I've asked around and I guess the whole overnight camping thing is de riguer for all the good preschools in our area. Maybe I'll bring some knitting and get a pair of socks done or something while I'm waiting.

3 comments:

Noey D. said...

Wow! I can't believe you'll have to stand in line overnight! Sorry that you're all sick....we got it too. Noey is better but DH and I are down for the count!

Anonymous said...

I hope you're all feeling better soon!
That sounds like Germany to me-waiting in line for something good. :) That's what I do a lot over here. Put your name on the list and hope for the best.

Elspeth said...

Wow, We used to have that here in NorCal around 2000 or so but only a few places here have waiting lists now. Good luck!