Saturday, October 29, 2005

Sockoberfest...


I joined Lolly's Socktoberfest a couple of weeks ago and totally forgot to blog about it. After some ruminating on which sock pattern to use, I decided to just wing it and make a pair of short anklets. I cast on 140 sts, knit six or seven rows and then did a row of K1, Ktog so I was down to 68ish sts. That gave me a little curly edge at the cuff. Then I just knit straight on for a regular ol' cuff down sock. I finished sock #1 yesterday...(ignore the shakey camera- Little Man was jumping on the couch while I was trying to take the pic). Now on to Sock #2 before I get hit with SSS (Second Sock Syndrome).

Now onto some randomness....
I've had a scratchy throat/runny nose for the past week and couldn't decide whether I was coming down with a cold or dealing with allergies. Turned out to be a cold; I now sound like a 50yr old smoker between all the coughing and hoarseness. I actually don't feel all that bad, but I sound *awful*.

Yesterday, Blythe and I went to a local craft fair called Artistic License. They had lots of different artists selling everything from handmade ceramics to dreamcatchers and handwovens. There were a couple of fiber artists too. I ended up buying a lovely little faerie for a Christmas present but no fiber *gasp*. There's another, more fibery festival in Torrance in early November that I want try to make...but that depends on how much work gets thrown my way over the next couple of weeks.

Now, off to enjoy a MNO (mom's night out) with my crafty friends....

1 comments:

Starknitter said...

Hi Sheree, cute socks! I had a quick question for you, for felting is it best to use the powder or liquid for the washer when felting?