Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Spammers must die

Ok, what *is* the deal with the spammers today? I've seen tons of spam comments on everyones' blogs and I've also been blessed with some spam of my own. Egh. Spammers and telemarketers must get together and find the most annoying ways to torture the rest of us.

Anyhew...

I added a crocheted edging to the pinwheel blankie (pics in the morning since it's dark now), along with some little loopy things for Monkey Boy to play with. I like the way it looks and hopefully my crocheting looks ok since I've only just learned how to do it. There are some great crochet mavens at the LYS and I was hoping to take the blanket there tonight, but DH had to work late which meant no knit nite for me. In a fit of self-pity, I cast on for the Deborah Newton twisted lace shawl in the Fall Vogue. The pattern calls for an obscene amount of even more obscenely expensive cashmere yarn. I'm a cheap bastard and am substituting some of my Elizabeth Lavold Silky Wool stash. The color I'm using is curry/07.

On the subject of casting on....the other day I cast on for the DSC (Damned Silk Corset) AGAIN and have gotten 4 rows in. Suffice it to say that I am already PISSED at this pattern and really wish that I could get my mind around it. I've already figured out where I got confused the first FOUR times I started out, so hopefully I"m on the right track.

And more casting on: Must. Knit. This. Especially after seeing Kate's gorgeous version. Or how about this one. I even have the yarn for it (more EL Silky Wool in a gorgeous purple).

But first I have to finish my Little Lacey Top. I'd post a pic but it doesn't look much different from the last one. The pattern calls for 8 inches of the lacework, and I'm at inch 4....so a ways to go!

In unrelated, non knitting news....
My stepsister is getting married this weekend, which means lots of famdamily coming from out of town. Most of her family is staying at my mom and stepdad's house, so my sister and her hubby are going to stay with us. I am desperately trying to clean and declutter before they arrive this Friday. It seems to take forever to do anything, especially since Little Man always wants to 'help' (tho his helping makes everything take twice as long). Luckily my cleaning lady will arrive tomorrow to take care of the really nasty bits of our house while I attempt to make the guest quarters- AKA our family room- liveable.

4 comments:

marirob said...

Will you post pics of your pinwheel with all of its trimming done? I bet it looks so cute! And I too have been coveting the Diamond Fantasy Shawl. Argh! So many nice things to knit!

Anonymous said...

I wondered what happened to you last night. I also did a crocheted edge on a tank I've been working on. It looks great, but was a sincere PITA....

Christie said...

Do do love the shawls in the Vogue mag...I can't decide which one I like the most! They do seem to take up a lot of yarn.

savannahchik said...

I love the Deborah Newton shawl too, and that cashmere surely isn't in my budget either! I'm considering some knitpicks yarn as a sub.

Can't wait to see yours unfold!