Friday, July 22, 2005

Behold....


A truly ugleeee pic of a very pretty yarn. It's Kid Merino by Crystal Palace. I know it's mohair, but it doesn't seem to bother me like the other mohair yarn did. Probably because it's only 28% mohair (and 28% merino wool/44% nylon). Very yummy and soft. The crappy picture doesn't do the color justice (try to ignore the flash blast and the crappy posing...that's what happens when you have to wait till the kiddos are in bed before getting out the camera).

Check out the new Bryspun circular needles. I had been looking for them and found them at a local LYS. I wanted to try them because they are a lot pointy-er than my Addi Turbos. The sharper points are perfect for really digging into lace stitches. I'm actually impressed with the flexiblity and smooth join of the cord. I'll admit that I'm an Addi snob because I can't stand the springy, curly nylon most other circular needles are cursed with. I just about had a fit trying to knit with some Crystal Palace circular needles because of the twisty join and nylon cord that would NOT relax.

The Bryspuns have a nice soft cord and I like how they are a little bit flexible, which is easier on the hands. Another plus is they're about 1/2 the price of Addis. I don't think I'll be dumping my Addi stash any time soon, but future needle purchases might lean heavily toward the Bryspuns.

2 comments:

cmeknit said...

Please let me know about the bryspuns...I've been eyeing them. I too am an addi snob, but when it comes to lacework (like this scarf/shawl) addis suck. Have you tried the addi naturas? I wonder about that join.

Christie said...

Likin' the pink! Oh, you found the Bryspun circs. Lucky girl. Me gusta los plasticos! I totally love the dps that I have and will definitely buy the circs...once my LYS gets some!