Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Yikes, my first post...

I don't know why, but I decided to start a blog. Like I have time for this considering I have a 3 mo. old baby and a 2.75yr old kiddo. And a lover-ly hubby. And a portrait photography biz. And two dogs.

How do I relax? I knit. A lot. So much that Little Man (my 2.75yr old) already knows how to roll yarn into a ball using my ball winder and swift. He even tries to "knit" using the tips of his shoelaces when he's bored. I can't wait till he's old enough to actually learn how to knit...how old do kids have to be before they have the eye-hand coordination for that?

Anyways, I love knitting....and recently discovered that I love dying yarn as well. Now I've somehow fallen into trying out hand spinning. I'm impatiently awaiting my Beginner's Spinning Kit - the poor mailman thinks I'm stalking him from the way I watch his truck every day.

And of course here's the yarn I dyed this weekend....using Wilton's icing dyes that I painted on.

0 comments: