Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Some WIPs

The "Good Bias" shrug from the Spring issue of Interweave Knits. The pattern called for Mission Falls 1824 cotton, but I really don't like that yarn so I went with Berrocco's Softwist instead. The pattern looked really complicated but it's not that hard at all, just lots of repeats. I also used a lifeline for the first time on this project and it's saved me from the frogpond several times already. The shrug is worked from the cuff of one sleeve up to the shoulder, then you do the other sleeve the same way and graft them together at the back.


It's kind of hard to see in the photo, but the skinny part on the left is the sleeve. Where it gets wider will be the part going over my shoulders and around the back. At the top of the photo is my start on the second sleeve.

0 comments: